California Transparency In Supply Chain Disclosure
Human trafficking and slavery continue to plague many places throughout the world, and Empire Nissan supports efforts to eliminate such practices. Given that Empire Nissan is franchised to sell Nissan brand automobiles and parts that we purchase from Nissan North America, we rely upon the efforts of this automaker and its subsidiaries to eradicate human trafficking and slavery from their supply chain. Accordingly:
- We do not engage in verification of our product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery.
- We do not conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate their compliance with company standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains.
- We do not require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- We do not maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
- We do not provide company employees and management with training on human trafficking and slavery or mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
Since the vast majority of goods and services we sell are from Nissan North America, only Nissan North America is in a position to perform these tasks, and we encourage you to contact Nissan North America to learn about their efforts to eradicate human trafficking and slavery from their supply chain.